Thursday, August 19, 2004

Philosophy??? naah...just practical lessons I learnt

The last few days have awoken the sleeping philosopher in me. I thought I had done a decent job during my mid term exams. Only now do I realise that I have come up woefully short in meeting the expectations of the teaching assistants who actually correct the mid term papers.

What does this all have in store for a guy who came to the best b-school in asia pacific with a truckload of expectations?

A lot, coming to think of it; and this is probably true for all people who find themselves messing up one exam or another.

Learnings:
1. do not try to jump to the skies with just a pair of sneakers on. You need the ammunition to do it.
2. better take to the skies in a set of small jumps than try to fly. You will most probably land with a thud if you are too ambitious.
3. be realistic in your expectations . You cannot expect to become a genius overnight. But what you can do is to keep plodding away steadily.
4. Never let your efforts slacken. Giving up is simply useless.
5. Have faith in god at all times.

No comments: