Sunday, February 01, 2009

A picture is worth a thousand words

I caught some amazing pics on my way back from Addy's wedding in Kolkata (for those who don't know, he is my batchmate from IIMA, a fellow CA, one of my best friends and most importantly, a PJ-maker par excellence :D) - The route back from Kolkata to Mumbai took me through Nagpur and Nasik. These pics were taken somewhere after Nasik and near a place called Igatpuri, famous for things other than stunning sunsets! Nevertheless, some of the scenes I saw could have been taken directly from a picture postcard.
Now the silhouette here, with the sun blazing a fiery streak through the trees and lighting the entire horizon in a blaze of yellow, orange and red is my favourite of the entire set of pics I took. Notice how the clouds add an ethereal daub to the brilliantly lit sky.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Vivek Singh said...

Photography is a lot about being in the right time in the right place.

To increase your chances, the only recipe is "Keep Travelling"

Nice pics Ranga