Thursday, December 09, 2004

Law of Averages

In the long run we all get what we really deserve...Nobody can stay 'lucky' in the long run. This might sound a bit cynical, but I have found this to be absolutely true in my short life so far. Everytime I think I have been unfortunate in some aspect, a windfall comes my way and things even out. And naturally, the opposite also happens quite frequently.
The worst part is getting caught in the ups and downs rather than thinking "Long term". It is tough to escape the rut but it has to be done. I am currently in a phase where I am frequently subject to both ups and downs. The bad part is that I am finding it difficult to get out of the cycle of happiness and disappointment...
I came across this inspirational poem called "If" written by Rudyard Kipling. I quote,

" If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;..."

This is the toughest thing of all. I am trying hard to put it into practice...
My peace of mind depends on how successfully I execute this ... Oh well, time is a great healer. Let's see what happens :-)

Sitan

No comments: