Monday, January 10, 2005

Three Cheers for Ajay Pandey!!!

Our Finance Professor from the second term is back to teach us again... he is THE BEST professor that I have ever had in a finance/ accounts related area. Whatever be the area he teaches, he manages to throw some useful insights and conceptually relate whatever has been taught so far to the current discussion.

Finance was always my favourite subject even at the CA level. Now it has become more so, thanks to the professor. I am not alone in this feeling either. Most of my classmates feel that way... Prof Pandey has a huge fan following (including many members of the fairer sex :-)).

Another thing I realised today was that I waste inordinate amounts of time. Take this blog for instance. What I could probably type out in 5-7 minutes takes me a full 20 minutes because I am not able to organize and put down my thoughts lucidly. It is an immensely painful experience. One may think, 'What is the big deal with 10 minutes ?' . (At least that is what I do :-)). But then it is these small intervals of 5-10 mins each that really eat up your time...It is actually waste your day one minute at a time...How do I discipline myself to cut out the distractions and focus on my work? That is the challenge I set myself now...

Gotta Go
Sitan

No comments: