Tuesday, February 01, 2005

500 Hits...Oops No! Make that 600

I planned to write an entry marking the 500th visitor to my blog, but then the hit rate seems to have gone up quite a bit over the past few days. So, I am forced to write a commemorative blog on the 600th visit to my corner in the web...

To the reader who has endured my random mumblings over the past few months, I can only say: "Wow! You have got some patience :-D"

This habit of mine started in quite an inconspicuous way, soon after I entered the Hell Hole, otherwise known as IIMA (Make no mistake, however: all references to Hell are only related to academics and the rat race for grades...But in all other ways, you will not get a better place to spend two years of your life).

What started as a hobby in the first term became a sort of passion in the relatively chill second term. Then, even when the supposedly nightmarish third term started, I could not let this habit go... It offered me a strange sense of peace. Maybe it was because I was always attracted to the English language and writing seemed to be a sort of outlet for my emotions. I never had the habit of writing a diary. But then, things change when you are in your room all the time and the only thing you get to know really well is the computer monitor. This blog then became my outlet - a vent to my frustrations, a place where I could share my happiness, my thoughts on life and its foibles in general and on life at IIMA in particular. It still continues to serve that purpose...

This blog has caused me to introspect quite a bit. And the lessons I have had to learn have been very valuable. Generally, I find that this place teaches to strike a balance between the various priorities that we generally tend to have in place all at the same time. There was a time in the first term where I thought I would not have any time at all apart from mugging. But as time progressed I realised that I was spending my time invisibly in many ways which could be controlled. That is when I realised that we all have the time for doing all the things we consider important. Later on in life, we will also find that we have to strike a balance between work and personal life. This is where the pressure put upon us by the institute comes in really handy. All I can say is, I am glad I came here.

I have also become a big fan of Sidin's blog ever since I came here. I was inspired by it. I even had grandiose plans of making my blogs as delightfully witty as his. However, after a series of botched attempts at creative witticisms, I decided to stick to my (rather ordinary) style of writing. Another lesson learnt... Never try to imitate others. Be what you are and people will appreciate you (read my blog, in my case :-D)

Anyways, this blog also made me realise that I would be happiest doing the things that I like. It doesn't matter what other people think of me. So, I'll keep blogging, like it or not.

Finally, to the persistent reader, this is my message:
"Read on, O ye reader, for thou art getting an insight into my soul"

(And even if the reader decideth that there art more worthwhile things to do in this world (as surely there must be :-)), I'll keep blogging away in my corner of the web...

Cheers
Sitan

4 comments:

Vishal Grover said...

congrats.... march on...

Govar said...

Hmmm. Welcome to the blogginng world. :)

Threatened species called CAs? Well, enna puthu katha ithu? Only engineers are the threatened ones.

Govar said...

Hmmm. Welcome to the blogginng world. :)

Threatened species called CAs? Well, enna puthu katha ithu? Only engineers are the threatened ones in B-schools.

Sidin said...

Congrats!!!

Heres wishing you hundreds and thousand of page hits and dedicated readers!!

Sidin